Complete Guide to Fitting Spiral Book Plus Pattern Paper
The Palmer/Pletsch Complete Guide to Fitting plus Perfect Pattern Paper
With our complete guide to fitting book by Pati Palmer and Marta Alto you’ll learn all facets of pattern fitting and alteration to give you the background and guidance needed to achieve a custom fit on any pattern from any company. The spiral binding makes it easy to use. This combo special also includes Perfect Pattern Paper—an invaluable tool for pattern fitting.
The Palmer/Pletsch Complete Guide to Fitting
Learn all facets of pattern fitting and alteration to give you the background and guidance needed to achieve a custom fit on any pattern from any company.
The book includes the following:
• Take just one measurement for tops and one for skirts to determine the right pattern size. Find out what to do if you are between sizes or a different size top and bottom.
• Make a “body map” with a close-fitting dress pattern to see how you differ from the “standard” on which sewing patterns are based.
• Learn from “real people” examples of a variety of bodies and their individual alterations.
• Use the book’s new “wrinkle dictionary” to identify a needed pattern alteration. Wrinkles point to the problem,” say the authors, and now you can look up the page reference for a solution.
• See how age can affect body shape, from preteen to octogenarian.
• Take note of the latest sewing techniques for garment details that affect fit, such as darts, zippers and sleeves, for enhancing the look of a well-fitted garment.
• Learn basic skills for designing or redesigning for a myriad of variations using the same pattern.
Perfect Pattern Paper
This multipurpose grid-printed tissue paper is the essential design and fit tool for crafters, sewers, and quilters. The sturdy, translucent quality makes it compatible with pattern tissue for alterations and tissue-fitting, and it is strong enough to sew through without tearing. Our fitting students love it and wouldn’t be without it!
|Dimensions||11 × 8.5 × .5 in|