Learn to Sew Make an Apron DVD plus Apron Pattern
Janet Corzatt’s series of four levels is geared toward the beginner, covering all the basics to help people start sewing on their own. Step-by-step pattern instructions go through the construction of three projects: LEVEL ONE: an apron; LEVEL TWO: a kimono-style robe, and LEVEL THREE: two-piece pajamas. This special combo includes the LEVEL ONE video and the pattern that goes with it.
You’ll make samples for a notebook and the apron in a child’s or adult’s size, with adjustable straps and pockets. Janet designed the apron pattern for Palmer/Pletsch to include many beginner techniques.
Here’s what you’ll find in this LEVEL ONE video:
• Preparing Apron Pattern & Fabric
• Layout & Cutting Apron
• Staystitching & Clean-Finishing
• Grading Seams, Clipping and Notching
• Facings, Understitching, Topstitching
• Hand Catchstitching a Hem, Pockets
• Perfect Straps, Ties, and Edgestitching
• BONUS! Sewing Machines 101
Printable PDFs give you a supply list, notebook pages with techniques, and templates for clipping, notching, and staystitching. Put the disk in a computer to open and print the files.
|Dimensions||8 × 6 × .5 in|