Pants for Real People, the most complete and innovative book ever written on fitting and sewing pants, comes from 40 years of hands-on teaching experience. Fitting by measuring the body has been tossed out the window. Pants for Real People makes pant fitting so logical that even a beginner can follow. Clear and easy to understand, with over 850 illustrations and 250 photographs of REAL people being fitted in pants. Plus, there are hundreds of techniques for waistbands, zippers, pockets, hems, linings, jumpsuits, men’s pants, maternity, designing, and more.
What’s NEW in the Second Edition?
After using Pants for Real People with our students for nearly a decade, we have refined our methods throughout and added these great new features:
• New step-by-step order for tissue-fitting. Our students tell us it’s now easier than ever!
• Ten pages on sewing your own designer jeans! Learn the latest about fitting and sewing and you’ll never want to bother shopping for ready-made jeans again.
• New jeans sewing order for faster results when using BOTH topstitching and regular threads and the serger.
• Expanded information on contour waistbands. Get the curve of the band just right for YOUR body. Match contour band seams at zipper opening.
• The latest updates about fabrics for pants.
• Page numbers added to the Body Map fit chart for easy reference.
• More on no-side-seam pants.
• New zippered pockets.
We learn as we teach, so Palmer/Pletsch books keep getting better and better! Stay up to date with the latest tried-and-tested information available!
Pants for Real People, Second Edition
8.375" x 10.875" 176 pages